Saturday, November 29, 2008

First big donations for Christmas

And now on to Christmas!! :)

I should be getting mail here in the next few days with some extra items, like a few more outfits and some hand knit caps, but for now this is what I've received for the Christmas bags:

1. 8 donated preemie layettes from www.sootherstore.com. These little white outfits are perfect! unisex, built-in mittens, and a little matching cap.

2. 30 donated packages from www.fodeo.net. Valarie at Fodeo has donated 30 disposable cameras to give to the parents in the hospital. it is a luxury for parents to be able to spend time with their babies in the hospital, I was only able to see Henry about 2 hours a day and we even lived close by. So these cameras will be able to be used by the parents AND nurses. The best part though?! Is the service donated with it! Fodeo is a service that will make a fully edited custom video montage of the pictures!! This donation is SO AMAZING! Go have a look at the website to see what I'm talking about.

3. 16 bottles of full sized hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works. I took advantage of some really amazing post-Thanksgiving sale flyer I got via email, and was able to purchase $117 worth of stuff for $48! So I used donated money to purchase thsoe right away.

I still need many things, like hats, blankets, clothes, candy, coffee, and a few extra bags - but I'll chat about that in a few days after I get the last of the mail I'm expecting. :)

No comments: