Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the night before delivery...

Tomorrow is the big day! And I am up to my eyeballs in BUSY. I got an amazing package of knitted preemie hats today from England, cutest things ever! Lovely colors, different sizes... the tiniest preemie hats fitting an apple quite well. :)




Isn't that adorable and tiny??




I think I mentioned this earlier, but I had to buy new bags for the gifts to Sherman because the blankets didn't fit inside! So here are the new bags labelled with some text about the story behind the gifts along witha link to this blog.




Here are the two thank you cards i made for the nursing staffs. One for the SBCU/NICO nurses, once for maternity nurses. I also bought them big bags of food, but those pictures will be up tomorrow.



Also!!! I had enough donations to actually help another hospital! My main donation is going to Sherman hospital, but right after that I'm driving over to St. Joseph Provena hospital on the other side of town to donate 5 other bags! Their bags are smaller simply because their blankets aren't the larger knit ones, the rest of the contents is pretty much the same.



Here are the bag labels drying on my craft desk, I glitterized them all. :)


I'll have to post the text of the bags tomorrow, right now they are all in my bedroom and I've got sleeping people in there right now. Here is an image of one of the thank you cards I included myself.


And here is the card making process, complete with egg nog off to the far left.



So! Lots of pictures tomorrow and stories about the delivery. If I'm remembering this correctly, here is what everyone's outstanding generosity has put in each of these gift bags:
1 handmade blanket
Pack of handmade thank you notes
2 pairs of socks
1 onesie outfit
1 long sleeved outfit
1 bag of candy
1 bag of coffee
1 glass votive
2 tealight candles
1 Bath & Body Works soap
1 disposable camera w/video service
Also given to the nurses to distribute are hand knit sweaters, knitted caps, extra thank you notes, extra hats and socks, 10 complete outfits for the 2-4 pound babies, extra blankets, a few extra cameras, and extra candy!!
Isn't that amazing!!!!! I promise to wax philosophical when the whole deal is done. But for now, I'm off to bed.

No comments: